The Top 30 Places to Take Kids Before They Grow Up
Part of growing up is getting to experience various activities, visiting places, learning about the past, and simply having fun with no worries. With so many magical places to visit, there is something for every kid out there. The best childhood experiences combine learning with having fun. Here are 30 places to take your kids before they grow up. This list deliberately contains learning opportunities, domestic and international travels, and pure fun. All of which makes for an unforgettable childhood.
- Go on a magical tour at the Harry Potter Studio in London.
- Have a day trip at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida or Disneyland in Paris.
- Marvel at the Grand Canyon in Arizona.
- Visit the Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska.
- Visit the Gettysburg Battlefield in Pennsylvania.
- Take a tour of Washington DC, a powerful democratic capital.
- Explore St Augustine, Florida, America’s oldest city.
- Learn about rockets at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- Visit the Hoover Dam in Colorado.
- Visit the Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- Go behind the scenes of Hollywood in California.
- Camp at Yosemite National Park for a weekend.
- Visit the iconic London Bridge in England.
- Take a walk on the Golden Gate Bridge of San Francisco.
- Marvel at the gigantic Egyptian Pyramids in Giza.
- Take in the magical Northern lights of the Scandinavia.
- Visit ancient Greek sites.
- A summer camp for kids to learn about survival and leadership.
- Visit an orphanage and a homeless shelter at least once a year.
- Catch a live game of their favorite sports team.
- Take a walk through the Hitachi Seaside Park, in Japan to appreciate nature.
- Visit a haunted house during Halloween.
- Go wild at Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta.
- Take a tour of the chocolate factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Take a ski vacation at the Keystone Resort in Colorado. The resort becomes a magical world at night with bright colorful decorations.
- Go on an icy cruise in Alaska to learn about the beauty of sea travel. This is not something kids get to experience every day.
- Visit the SeaWorld Theme Park in Orlando, Florida, to learn about marine life, play with friendly dolphins, and go on exciting water rides.
- Take a break from technology and city life and explore some Californian ranches. Go on a pony ride, learn about breeding livestock, and appreciate the farm life.
- Embark on a Lion King inspired safari trip in East Africa. Get face-to-face with wildlife that kids would otherwise only see in textbooks and storybooks.
- Go on a hot air balloon flight at the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Festival.
Some of the best childhood experiences are those shared as a family. Take advantage of every opportunity to take your kids to these top 30 places before they grow up.
Planning to visit these locations in the future? Pin this post for later!